There are two levels of users in our system:
- Integrator level
- Customer level
Integrator Level users:
- An integrator is a partner who has the ability to connect new Customers to Local Security services. This is a top-level user, has control over all other types of users. Can create new users, modify existing users, and set permissions to control access to the Admin and Video portals.
- A manager is a user that can be created by the integrator to help with customer management. The manager has almost the same level of access as the integrator except the manager cannot modify an integrator user account.
Note: these users can not login into the Video portal.
Customer Level users:
- The customer is the owner of the cameras and equipment who wants to connect his equipment to Local Security services. Has access to all cameras under the customer's account unless restricted by the integrator.
- Admin is a user with access to the Admin portal. Can view and configure cameras and alerts settings according to the assigned roles. Admin can add new cameras and modify those cameras to which permission was granted by the customer or integrator.
- Guard is a user without access to the Admin portal. Can only view assigned cameras through web-interface or mobile app, create clips, use PTZ controls, and/or share cameras with others according to assigned role.
On the integrator level, there are two roles - operational and billing manager, currently, these two roles have the same permission, in the future updates these roles will receive distinct functions.
On the customer level, there are two types of roles that can be created - admin and guard. The role determines cameras and camera functions that a Customer Level user can access and/or control. One camera can be added to multiple roles and different permission can be set for each camera parameter under each role.
Admin role allows the user to access the Admin portal and from there assist owner (of a customer account) to manage cameras and other users. Admin users will be able to control only those cameras that were assigned to them and can add new cameras to the system.
Guard role allows the user to access the Video portal and view streams from the assigned cameras, save and download clips, and share the cameras. The ability to create and download clips and the ability to share can be restricted for specific cameras.
NOTE: clips created by guards cannot be deleted by other guards even if the other guard has the permission to do Save Clip for the select camera. Clips created by a guard can be deleted either by the same guard or by the Admin user who has permission to Save Clip for the same camera or by the Owner.
Creating a new user
To create a new Manager user login to Admin portal using either integrator account or another manager credentials and go to Managers menu and click on Add. Add a name, password, and select a role.
To create a Customer level user first select a customer for which you wish to create a new user and under the Customer menu bar select Users option and click Add button. If the role is already available you can add it now, but if the role is not created yet you can leave Role line blank and assign a role to this user later.
You can assign multiple roles to one user and the same role can be assigned to multiple users, the only restriction is that the user can have only one type of role either Admin or Guard, but not both at the same time. If you need to change user type from Admin to Guard you will need to remove all Admin roles from the list of roles for this user and add Guard type role/roles. To do this simply click on the user name from the Users table and click on the Roles line from the User Info tab then click on role names to add or remove them from the user account.
Creating a new Role
To create a role select a customer for which you wish to create a new role and from the Customer level menu select Roles option. From here click Add, provide a name, and select role type. The admin type will have access to both the Admin portal and the Video portal while the Guard type will be able to access only Video portal only. Leave checkmark "Add all camera to the role" if you wish to add all cameras of the selected customer to this role or remove this checkmark to manually select which cameras will be added to this role. (You cannot add cameras from other customer accounts to the same role).
To modify a role after it was created click on it from the Roles table. You can modify which cameras are assigned to this role and what permissions the user will have. From the Users tab, you can add or remove this role for a specific user/users.